Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hello,
Well my friend Susie passed on Wednesday and we will go to her funeral today. Yoga Teacher Training is happening this weekend and I find that I am a little distracted but generally grateful to do the work that I do and to be able to focus on something else so intensely.

I have been eating comfort food - popcorn, apple pie, humm 1/2 a bag of chocolate peanut butter cups. I think that I am trying to fill up the empty feeling of missing her. Hummm, maybe this afternoon I will just watch that space and see what happens.

New course starting next week at the Cambridge Art Center. For those of you who would like more anatomy this is a great fun way to integrate your knowledge about the body.
See you on the mat,
Denise

Anatomy of Life Drawing

This course will explore the complex workings of the human body. Many of the great artists used the cadaver to understand the body. This course will cover the skeleton, the musculo-skeletal relationship, and kinesthetics of movement. Through drawing assignments and explorations, we will discover bone structure, how muscles drape over the bones, and what happens with movement. Nude models will be used at class end.
Instructor: Denise Davis-Gains
Thu, Sept 25-Oct 30, 1-3pm
$60 (Members $51) + GST
Bar Code: 130231

To Register in this course contact:

Tamara Louks
Arts Coordinator
Cambridge Centre for the Arts
60 Dickson Street
Cambridge, ON N1R 8N1
Tel: 519.740.4681 ext. 4367
Fax: 519.624.0379
TTY: 519.623.6691
www.cambridge.ca
loukst@cambridge.ca

No comments: